Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)
- IUI:- Intrauterine insemination /IUI is an ART procedure that is used to help couples facing fertility issues.
- In this procedure sperm from the husband/donor is directly released into the uterine cavity of the female partner.
- It is commonly termed Artificial Insemination. In IUI, artificial insemination is used to enhance fertility.
- It is a simple technique used when medication and timed intercourse fail to work.
- Around the time of ovulation, processed semen samples containing motile sperm are placed through the cervix and into the uterine cavity.
WHY Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)
MILD MALE FACTOR INFERTILITY
PROBLEM WITH OVULATION
UNEXPLAINED SUBFERTILITY OF SHORT DURATION
Diagnostic tests IUI
- You should know if your fallopian tubes are open and healthy before beginning IUI treatment.
- This is if the tubal patency test indicates an issue with any one of the fallopian tubes.
- A semen analysis is also performed along with the tubal patency test.
- Analyses that show low sperm counts or low motility may recommend IVF with ICSI instead.